Trident’s System Engineering practice consists of services and support to Government agencies such as NASA and NOAA for software and hardware design, development and integration. Trident assists and supports space vehicles, satellite and telescope instrument support and engineering, propulsion engineering and support, Guidance and Navigation & Control (GN&C) design and testing support.
The range of these services includes tasks such as:
- Design of next generation space instruments and observatories aimed to achieve tighter pointing and lower jitter requirements, with detail dynamic analysis support.
- Provide continuing maintenance and support to the ATLAS I&T post processing tool, Engineering Performance Work Station, EPW.
- create the operation sequence steps to be used to manufacture both flight and non-flight hardware, verify the integrity of programming sequences prior to cutting metallic stock and for the accuracy of final product of a CNC CAM program
- Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST) Reliability Support
- Provide senior level mechanism engineering services with experience on OSC S/C SADA and solar array mechanisms and spacecraft to support the S/C mechanism development, including the SADA and solar array deployment.
- Explorers and Heliophysics Projects Division (EHPD) Engineering Services Supportwhich includedprojects such as ASTRO-H, NICER, GOLD, ICON, and TESS as well as Solar Orbiter and Solar Probe Plus. Emphasis was on engineering services in the area of guidance, navigation, and control systems.
- Ground Systems Engineering Support for Heliophysics Explorers projects –which included providing the GOLD mission manager and systems team with ground systems engineering support for the GOLD mission.
Trident performs these tasks in concert with various subcontractors, teaming partners and subject matter experts.